Mercy's Emergency Care Unit (ECU) offers fast, personal and convenient trauma and medical services and is prepared to handle emergencies large and small, 24 hours a day. The entrance to ECU is 425 E. Bloomington Street.
- Time from presentation to ECU room placement is significantly faster than the national average, typically less than ten minutes.
- A physician is on staff at all times.
- If you need to be admitted, fully staffed inpatient hospital beds are just a few steps away.
- The ECU is conveniently located just a couple of blocks from downtown, at the corner of Bloomington and Gilbert streets.
- The patient drop-off area is both heated and covered and is close to the parking lot.
- Private treatment rooms, consultation rooms and triage areas are available.
- Patients are always cared for in a personalized manner.
- All ECU nurses are certified in trauma care, and all ECU physicians have been certified in advanced trauma life support along with pediatric and adult advanced cardiac life support.
- Mercy's ECU has been named a Guardian of Excellence Award winner by Press Ganey for continually achieving the 95th percentile or above for patient satisfaction and clinical quality.