Educational Opportunities & Awards
Mercy Iowa City offers the following educational opportunities and awards:
- Clinical Ladder Advancement Program – recognizes and rewards nurses practicing at the beside who demonstrate clinical expertise and possess strong leadership characteristics. Eligible to participate after 6 months of employment.
- Nurse Residency Program – one year program designed to build confidence and competence for new RN's. System wide mentor program during residency with workshops strategically placed to address transition to practice and build upon specific skills and content.
- Nurse Internship Program – paid nursing internship positions allow a student to develop by working side by side with a nurse during the summer months.
- Nursing Scholarships – sponsored by Mercy Hospital Foundation, scholarships are awarded for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Nursing Awards – colleagues (Staff Nurse and Support Staff) are recognized for their exceptional contributions to patient care and to one another. Awards of $500 are made in the Fall and Spring.
- DAISY Award Program – meaningful recognition of our nurses reminding them why they went into the profession. We recognize Staff Nurse, Nurse Leader and Teams throughout the year.
- Tuition Reimbursement – eligible to apply after at least 90 days of employment; up to $2500 per year (full time) and $1250 per year (part time)